Food Processing Sector
Opportunities in Potato Flakes, Vodka Manufacturing (potato based), Meat processing, Mango/Guava, Litchi Pulp
Potato Production (34%)
Livestock -Excluding cow (11%)
Milk Production (17%)
- Vast source of raw material-
- Food grain production – 20%
- Wheat production – 34%
- Fruits production – 19%
- Vegetables production – 30%
- Contributes 60 % of meat exports from India
- 35% share in Sugarcane output, ranks 2nd in sugar production
- Established three agro food parks at Barabanki, Varanasi, Faizabad and four pack houses at Lucknow, Saharanpur, Barabanki, Varanasi
- Mega Food Park proposed at Jagdishpur
Fruits & Vegetables
- Fruit belts for mango, guava and aonla
- Major vegetables cultivated in the state - peas, potato, cabbage,tomato, okra & other leafy vegetables
- Major spices grown in the state - chillies, garlic, ginger & turmeric
- Opportunities in cold chain infrastructure
- Contributes approximately 1/5th of the total milk production of the country
- Buffalo milk contributes 70% to the total milk production in the State
- Only 5% of the fluid milk is processed and marketed in the organised sector - huge opportunity
- Largest food grain producing state & largest producer of wheat
- Major food grains produced in the state includes rice, wheat, maize, bajra, gram, pea and lentils
- Second largest producer of rice, contributing to 13% of the national production
- Huge opportunity exists, as 3650 million eggs and 90 million poultry chicks are procured annually from other states
- New scheme for enhancing poultry production on the anvil, includes - interest subsidy & concessions related to VAT, mandi tax & stamp duty
- Largest exporter of processed frozen meat
- 15 modern integrated abattoirs and 35 meat processing units
- Buffalo meat - main source of meat production and export; other sources of meat include sheep and goat
- Third largest producer of inland fishes in India
- Total estimated fresh water fish production of U.P. for the year 2010-11 is 0.43 million metric tons (national production 5Million metric tons)
- Located at Barabanki, Gorakhpur,Saharanpur & Varanasi
- Multi-chamber cold Storages with Sorting, Grading and Cleaning facilities, Quality Control Labs.
- Electric substation, Industrial plots.
Mega Food Park
- Shaktiman Mega Food Park launched 6th October 2013 at Jagdishpur
- Facility spread over 72 acres would have 35 food processing units.
Integrated Amul dairy plant
- Integrated dairy plant to be established in Kanpur, Lucknow,Safai & Varanasi
- 5 lac litre per day capacity of Dairy Plant proposed.
- Investment of around Euro 18.8 Million in each unit.
- Project will generate employment for around 20,000 people.
K.K.Milk Integrated Cold Chain Infrastructure in Dairy
- Integrated Cold Chain Infrastructure in Dairy is being set up at Kanpur
- 10 lac litre per day capacity of plant has been proposed
- Investment of around Euro 35 Million in each unit