Incentives & Policies
Uttar Pradesh announced several incentives in its infrastructure and industrial development policy 2012, to promote industrial development. Key incentives offered include:
- 100 per cent concession of stamp duty on new IT, BPO, biotechnology, food processing, food park, alternative energy resource unit, private sector infrastructure development projects excluding PPP.
- 100 per cent stamp duty concession in industrial units in all sectors on purchase, lease or acquisition of land by industrial units in eastern UP, central UP and the Bundelkhand region.
- Provision of special concessions to mega projects with an investment of more than US$ 36.8 million and less than US$ 92 million on the recommendations of the Empowered Committee and upon the state cabinet's approval.
- Provision of incentives to mega projects with an investment of more than US$ 92 million in addition to those provided on the recommendations of the Empowered Committee and state cabinet's approval.
- Exemption from mandi fee for five years on purchase of raw material to new food processing units with an investment of US$ 1 million or higher in plant machinery and spare parts.
- Reimbursement of 50 per cent of the EPF contribution for three years for any new industrial unit employing more than 100 unskilled workers.
Please click here to view the Important Policies